From 27th – 31st January 2016, ACP YPN was invited to African Union Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to take part in the African Union Inter-Generational Dialogue (AUIGD) within the framework of the African Union Heads of State Summit.
ACP YPN represented the sixth region of Africa, the diaspora. Based on ACP YPN’s mission and experience representing young professionals in diaspora in Europe, ACP YPN drew up the recommendations on future AU engagement with diaspora for the AU Heads of State with four other representatives from the diaspora.
ACP YPN presented the recommendations to the Chair Person of the African Union, H.E. Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma, alongside other dignitaries. The recommendation and final declaration will be available here shortly.
On the sidelines of the #AUIGD2016, ACP YPN had the honour of meeting with many high-level officials from African agencies, embassies and international organisations.
ACP YPN with H.E Dr. Martial de Paul Ikounga, Commissioner for Human Resources, Science & Technology, African Union Commission (AUC); ACP YPN with H.E Ajay Bramdeo, Ambassador of the AU to the EU and Benelux; ACP YPN with H.E. Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank. (left to right)
ACP YPN with Babajide Sodipo, Regional Trade Advisor to AU Commissioner H.E Fatima Acyl; AU symbol; ACP YPN with Nicholas Ouma, Senior Youth Policy Advisor, AU Youth Division.(left to right)
ACP YPN meets representatives from South Sudan, Liberia and Kenya amongst many other youth networks coming from all five regions of the African continent, as well as with representatives of the diaspora. (left to right)
ACP YPN got the chance to find out more about the African Union Youth Corps initiative from Ndankhonza Munlo, AU Youth Volunteer.
ACP YPN also got to find out more about the work of the Youth Division from Nicholas Ouma, AU Senior Youth Advisor.
Here are the official videos of the 26th AU Heads of State summit:
- Acceptance Statement by the incoming Chairperson of the African Union, H.E. Mr. Idriss Deby Itno, President of the Republic of Chad
- Opening Statement by H.E. Mr. Robert Mugabe, President of the Republic of Zimbabwe and outgoing Chairperson of the African Union
- Statement by H.E. Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union
- Statement by H.E. Ban Ki Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations
- Statement by H.E. Mr. Mahmoud Abbas, President of the State of Palestine and Chairman of Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).
Author: Yentyl Williams, ACP YPN Founder and President
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | @yentyl_w