On the 5th and 6th June 2018, for the third time, African Caribbean Pacific Young Professionals Network (ACP YPN) sent a delegation of 14 ACP YPN Youth Ambassadors to the twelfth edition of the European Development Days (EDD), the biggest European development forum gathering the development community together.
As a lead youth organization in the ACP- EU partnership, ACP YPN had a precious spot at the Youth Lounge in the European Village along with One Young World, Young Mediterranean Voices, Alliance of Youth Empowerment, EDD Young Leaders and Faces2Hearts.
The Youth Lounge aimed at providing a meeting place for young people to network and connect between themselves but also to engage with EDD participants and organizations. High profile visitors came to the Youth Lounge such as Queen Matilde of Belgium, Queen Letizia of Spain, Commissioner Neven Mimica of the Directorate-General for international cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO), Jayathma Wickramanayake UN Envoy on Youth, Artist and Business leader Youssou N’dour and and Dr Denis Mukwege, Congolese gynaecologist and world leading expert on internal physical damage caused by gang-rape.
ACP YPN participated and organized several activities during the two-day event at the Youth Lounge including engaging with EDD participants on youth issues and launching a survey on ACP Women in Trade :
1. On Tuesday the 5th, Aïssatou Touré, ACP YPN Public Policy Advisor presented the role, missions, and activities of ACP YPN in line with article 26 of the ACP-EU Cotonou Agreement and Sustainable Development Goal 16.7 ensuring decision-making at all levels during the « Pitch Your Organization » activity organized by One Young World.
2. With One Young World, ACP YPN co-organized a Networking Drinks Event to meet worldwide fellow young leaders to learn more about other youth-led organizations and activities.
3. On Wednesday the 6th, ACP YPN organized the « Dance for Emporwerment » workshop starring Sarah Amaro from Kizomba Love, that aimed at bringing together EDD participants in full contact with their role as actors of their destiny through dance. They were able to engage through movement on the topics of the vital role of women and the need for their full and equal participation and leadership in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
The ACP YPN delegation for the 2018 EDD edition included:
- Yentyl Williams, Founder and Director of ACP YPN
- Aïssatou Touré, ACP YPN Public Policy Advisor
- Adelaide Hirwe, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Kelly- Ann Fonderson, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Akosua Osei-Loué (HRH), ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- André Gbedan, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Ariane Takyi, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Cwanche Bleneau Cedric Bieleu, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Fatiau Teikausi, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Gilberto Morishaw , ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Marianne Nguenna, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Pearce Robinson, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Sarah Gane, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
- Stefan Haenen, ACP YPN Youth Ambassador
Want to know more about ACP YPN’s mission and goals?
Want to know more, or have a question? Write to us at: email@example.com