After one month of events in partnership with People of African Descent (PAD) organizations all over Europe, the ACP YPN organized on the 5th of November 2019 a final training day with its partners’ representatives as well as experts from various Civil Society organisations in Europe. The “Final #BHMEU CSOs Capacity Building Workshop” was a full day event on capacity building, networking and reflections on how to build on the Resolution on PAD Fundamental Rights as well as the UN Decade for PAD, in their own activity and as a European Network. The main objectives of the workshop were as follows:
- Gathering CSO, International organisations and European Parliament Representatives to report and discuss PAD fundamental Rights situation in Europe.
- Set the bases of a new European Network of PAD organisations coordinated by ENPAD, designed to compose a board of experts for a permanent Forum to be formed around the UN PAD Decade.
- Find together the next steps of social equality improvement for European PAD: best practices and support to advocate for implementing the PAD decade in their countries.
This workshop given by the international and European organizations was followed by a panel on “BHM EU Final Multi-Stakeholder Debate on Actions for PAD Rights” at the European Parliament. This panel discussion was hosted by MEP Pierrette Herzberger Fofana, with the aim of raising awareness and exchange on actions to take around the Resolution on Fundamental Rights of PAD, voted in March 2018, with a particular focus on 4 topics:
- Women and Intersectionality
- Youth perspective
- Employment, Social Affairs and Integration
- LIBE – Justice and Home Affairs
You can follow the discussion and contribute using the hashtag #ACPYouthTalk, #BHMEU, #BlackHistoryMonthEU
By ACP YPN.
Want to know more about ACP YPN’s mission and goals?
Want to know more, or have a question? Write to us at: email@example.com